Friday, July 13, 2007

Having my work photographed, and framing it

I took lots of my work out of frames and schlepped it to a nearby town a couple of days ago, to have it photographed by a recommended photographer. I'll see the results in a few days. I'm pretty excited about this. It's a step I've known I needed to take if I was serious about getting into galleries or shows, so of course I've put it off! Well, part of the reason for that was that I worried about how much it would cost. But I had inflated that in my head. So I came away a happy painter. Now all I have to do is put it all back into those frames. It's all over the dining room table - there not being room in the studio for such a messy job. I have high hopes for the results - and I'll be showing it off here, maybe just about the same time I get indexed.

There are some great things about watercolors and pastels, but a drawback is that you have to mat and frame things to show them. Speaking of expenses. I think I've gotten the process down as cheap as it can get. I watch for sales on inexpensive frames at the big box "craft" stores like Michael's and JoAnne, and I order mats, and better frames, from framesbymail.com. I've had great luck with them so I recommend them. Once I made a mistake myself, which I took to be their mistake, and they fixed it without arguing. Only later did I realize it was my mistake. So I'm making up for it here by recommending them. I think I shopped around a bit and found them to be at least as cheap or even cheaper than everyone else. And they have a good selection. And since you shop online you can live anywhere and shop there.

Go paint!

No comments: